This weekend was a relaxing one. Noah still has some spots, if you didn’t already know, he has chicken pox. You can read about that here. So we took it easy this weekend. The weather was all over the place, we stayed home saturday and worked on the privacy wall for the deck. By we I mean Joe. I occasionally went out and held the measuring tape or some wood in place. Team work.

Sunday Funday
Our privacy wall! Joe did an awesome job!

On Sunday it was cold. Autumn is definitely around the corner. Even though it is meant to get up 27 this week. Alberta weather is weird. So as per the norm we made pancakes, we were up at 630am, all of us. Unusual for Siena totally normal for Noah these days. Strangely, I don’t mind waking early on a weekend. I think it’s because Joe is home. Both Noah and I are not morning people. Joe and Siena are the nice patient ones in the morning 😉

Because we were up so early we decided to go to the zoo. I have a season pass, so it’s actually a pretty cheap day out now, it pays for itself after two visits. We got our mandatory coffees from the local cafe and we were off. It opens at 9am and we got there about 930am, so it was really quiet. Although cold, but we were all layered up so it was actually a nice morning. We mostly took photos in the conservatory where the butterflies are. It’s Noahs favourite – Mine too!

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday


Easy as a Sunday morning

We left around midday just as it was starting to pick up. I hate crowds, so it was a good time to leave. Plus Noah lost his shit and wanted to get out and run around. We don’t have the type of kid that will get out of the stroller and get back in when you ask. He is the typical scream and cry till he gets what he wants sort of child. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Both kids fell asleep on the way home, we managed to somewhat successfully transfer them to their beds. Both woke and cried but went down fairly well. Then Joe and I had burgers and the kids weren’t the wiser, they had fruit and sandwiches 😉

Easy as a Sunday morning
He was really, really tired, food in his mouth and all.

It was a fun weekend. But now were are back to Monday and I was rudely woken at 545am. My kids are broken. Why don’t they sleep?



Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *