I have held a recipe for what I think is the most perfect chocolate chip cookies. If I ever make cookies I make this particular recipe. Sometimes I will try something different, but I never stray from this recipe when I make chocolate chip. Never. I have had this recipe for years. So I honestly cannot remember where exactly I got it from. Admittedly, I cannot take full credit for this recipe. However I also cannot pin point whose it is.
The other day I was feeling like something sweet and I thought why not treat the kids and myself to something, I mean, It was only just easter and all so why not make cookies. Yes, I am being sarcastic. I have used this recipe to make ice cream sandwiches before, which were delicious! This particular batch didn’t make it past a few hours!
The original recipe calls for 1/2 a cup each of the sugars but I have changed it to 1/3 and it is sweet enough. I plan on making a healthier version in the future, so stay tuned for that! I am telling you, they are the most perfect chocolate chip cookie. They aren’t soft or chewy or even crunchy, almost like a shortbread perhaps. Just try them. You will not regret it!
The Most Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 150g Soft Butter
- 1/3 Cup Caster (granulated) Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 160 (320F). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Beat the butter, sugars and vanilla for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add egg and beat.
- Stir in flour in two batches then stir in chocolate chips. Spoon onto trays and press down.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked.
Will keep up to a week in an airtight container. If they even last that long 😉